Originally intended just as a good way to keep bookmarks online (in the days before del.icio.us) but has evolved into collections of things that intrigue me.....or are just plain daft.

Mostly the latter.

Blog Roll

www.flickr.com

Archive

Latest stumbles

Monday, September 04, 2006

I have had an exceptionally shitty weekend. Details are unnecessary but suffice it to say that by Sunday afternoon I was chilling out on my bed pondering life and the injustices of the world in general. In short, I was Hacked Off [tm]

And then the sun came out. I'm not talking metaphorically here; it actually shone straight through the window, hit the crystals I have hanging from the lampshade and, for a brief while, gave me the most amazing lightshow on the opposite wall. This only happens rarely when I'm at home to see it - the sky has to be clear and the sun has to get just the right angle in order to hit the crystals before it sinks behind the roof of the house opposite.

lights5
(there's a bigger version linked to this image)

It was mesmeric. At one point Gandalf in my old 70's LoTR print (see image above) had a seriously psychedelic rainbow halo which seemed quite appropriate.

After a few minutes a breeze caught the crystals. They swung and spun slightly, making the rainbows dart about like mayflies (with an even shorter life expectancy). I watched the colours flit about overhead and realised that sometimes you just have to live in the moment and go with it.

Opus had his dandylion patch. I have my rainbows. Whether I stopped to watch them or not, my world was still going to be a bit of a nightmare when I got back to thinking about it but at least here was something to enjoy - for a while.

posted at 10:58 PM
permalink
       

Post a Comment


to top

Listed on Blogwise

<< Blogging Brits Webring >>
British Blogs.

Powered By Blogger TM