Originally intended just as a good way to keep bookmarks online (in the days before del.icio.us) but has evolved into collections of things that intrigue me.....or are just plain daft.

Mostly the latter.

Blog Roll

www.flickr.com

Archive

Latest stumbles

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Last year after 7/7 I wasn't in the mood to blog for a long time. When I finally went back to it, the first thing I had to do was write something about that day. However this wasn't to tell anyone how the event had affected me because it hadn't in any special way. I was more interested in capturing what other people were doing and what they had to say.

One thing which impressed me the most was the work being done just opposite my office by the London Ambulance Service. I wasn't alone. A week later, while my colleagues and other office workers were still standing in Waterloo Road after the two minutes' silence, we gave three cheers for the Ambulance workers as well.

Over a year later I've discovered that one of my heroic neighbours has a blog. Nee Naw - Blog of a Dispatcher in the London Ambulance Service's Control Room is written by Mark Myers: "After the initial buzz, call taking suddenly went very quiet. This was due to multiple factors: a) people realising all ambulances had gone to the incident and not even bothering b) mobile signal dropped due to police thinking mobile phones were being used to set off bombs c) entire staff of London Ambulance being in the room thus having twice as many people to answer half as many calls. "

posted at 11:24 PM
permalink
       

Post a Comment


to top

Listed on Blogwise

<< Blogging Brits Webring >>
British Blogs.

Powered By Blogger TM