Originally intended just as a good way to keep bookmarks online (in the days before del.icio.us) but has evolved into collections of things that intrigue me.....or are just plain daft.

Mostly the latter.

Blog Roll

www.flickr.com

Archive

Latest stumbles

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The obligatory free mailers from my local parties dropped on the mat this morning. However, I'd already bought a load of proper toilet paper recently so I'm not too sure what to do with them.

Nonetheless, with only a week to go I'm finally starting to find some useful information about this election. :

TheyWorkForYou.com: Is your MP working for you in the UK's Parliament? - this has a lot of really useful detailed information including analyses of MPs' voting records, their expenses, records of how often they've participated in Commons debates, what committees they've served on and...well you get the picture.

It also led me to a Bio of my own MP on the BBC site (I've no idea how his name is pronounced but I'm willing to bet it's not they way I'd like it to be):

BBC NEWS | Politics | Find Your MP | Dagenham | Jon Cruddas - Mr Cruddas comes from a thoroughly New Labour family; his wife was special adviser to Mo Mowlam.

They are reputed not only to have brought their son to every Labour conference since his birth, but also to have made him sit through every one of Tony Blair's speeches.


"Paging Child Protection....."

And finally one site that everyone seems to be talking about:
Who Should You Vote For?



Of course none of these Party Adverts are real, but one can dream...

With all these resources now at my fingertips, it's quite a pity I mailed my postal vote in yesterday.

posted at 3:30 PM
permalink
       

Post a Comment


to top

Listed on Blogwise

<< Blogging Brits Webring >>
British Blogs.

Powered By Blogger TM