Originally intended just as a good way to keep bookmarks online (in the days before del.icio.us) but has evolved into collections of things that intrigue me.....or are just plain daft.

Mostly the latter.

Blog Roll

www.flickr.com

Archive

Latest stumbles

Saturday, December 06, 2003

BBC - WW2 People's War - Homepage - normally I loathe anything with the prefix "The People's...." but I can live with it in this case.

With memories of what War really means rapidly receeding from living memory(ie. bombs droping on You, not just on a country 1,000 miles away), this project provides a useful service. It invites visitor to submit their own or their family memories of WW2.

I doubt very much that Dubya will give a toss about it, but since I live in an area that was totally flattened by the Blitz (and my Dad was living around here at the time) I take a personal interest in this kind of thing.

posted at 4:24 PM
permalink
       

Post a Comment


to top

Listed on Blogwise

<< Blogging Brits Webring >>
British Blogs.

Powered By Blogger TM