Originally intended just as a good way to keep bookmarks online (in the days before del.icio.us) but has evolved into collections of things that intrigue me.....or are just plain daft.

Mostly the latter.

Blog Roll

www.flickr.com

Archive

Latest stumbles

Monday, November 18, 2002

(it's been quiet I know) Thought for the Day :

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service". "The act of doing things for other people."

Then I heard the terms such as "Internal Revenue Service," "Postal Service," "Civil Service," "Service Stations."

And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

One day, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull "service" a few of his cows.

It all came into perspective.

posted at 11:09 AM
permalink
       

Post a Comment


to top

Listed on Blogwise

<< Blogging Brits Webring >>
British Blogs.

Powered By Blogger TM